The Happy Holiday Project!
Although the Holidays conjure up images of curling up by the fire, building snowmen and sipping hot cocoa, in reality, we are often up late wrapping gifts, rushing around, feeling stressed and overwhelmed. “What a wonderful time of year!” Says who?!? Well, believe it or not, it can be!
Trust me, I know.
This year, take a moment to reflect on what the holidays mean to you and create a plan so that you can have the best one ever. First ask yourself,
What do I want the holidays to mean to me?
Peace? Love? Joy?
Great! What would your holiday look like if that was in fact the focus?
By asking yourself some good questions, you can discover how to make the holidays meaningful to you.
- What do you want to more of?
- What do you want less of?
- What do you need to say 'no' to?
- What do you need to say 'yes' to?
- What do you need to let go of?
Start now by exploring what makes you thrive during the holidays and what stresses you out. Then create a game plan of how to create more of what you want, leaving no room for stress and overwhelm. Here are 7 ideas on how to create an authentic Holiday:
- Send loving regrets to holiday gatherings that drain you.
- Schedule time to shop, decorate, wrap, bake, etc. (if that brings you joy!).
- Plan time with family and friends.
- Plan time for YOU! Let this be sacred this year.
- Ask your family which traditions are meaningful for them and ensure that they are honoured.
- Let go of traditions that are not in alignment with your values.
- Create new traditions that highlight your values and authenticity,
What would this change bring into your life? Rest? Peace? More time for friends and family? Voila! Enter Happy Holiday!
I invite you to find time to reflect on these questions and you might find that not only do you enjoy this holiday season, you may start looking forward to them in the future!